10 things we got from that wood shed beating the Cowboys got at the hands of Da’ Bears:
1. Tony Romo - He may be the most polarizing QB in the NFL especially in the national eye. His 5* interceptions performance did nothing to win him over more supporters. Romo’s leadership comes even more so into question now.
2. 2 ½ - In the stat line it is going to read Tony Romo threw 5 interceptions when really it was more like 2 ½. Pick #1 by Charles Tillman could have been avoided had Dez Bryant ran the correct route which he admitted he didn’t post game and the first of two interceptions by Major Wright where the ball bounced off Kevin Ogletree’s chest. The ½ was the Lance Briggs interception for a touchdown. The “Olé” block by Mackenzy Bernadeau led to Bears DT Henry Melton putting enough pressure on Romo to just throw away the ball. Romo should’ve just taken the sack.
3. O Line - They were better than last week but still not very good. They’ve allowed many D linemen to make plays the past few weeks and it doesn’t get any easier after the bye with Haloti Ngata and the Ravens.
4. Dez, Miles, Kevin - I don’t know what to say about this receiving corp. Dez doesn’t know the plays, Miles disappears during games, and Ogletree has been decent when getting chances. Maybe Romo should take all of them to Cancun to get their mind right.
5.Brandon Marshall - It was Randy Moss, then Santana Moss, and now the new “Cowboys Killer” Brandon Marshall. Where ever he’s been he’s given the Cowboys secondary fits from Denver to Miami now Chicago.
6. Brian Moorman - The punter was one of the few bright spots for the Cowboys. His punts were able to keep Devin Hester in check. He will make it hard for Chris Jones to get his job back.
7. Bears D Was Just That Good -Granted some of the Cowboys miscues were on themselves but they were mostly forced by the aggressive Bears D. They seemed like the #1 defense in the league Monday night.
8. 7 TDs - The offense has only hit the endzone 7 times in 4 weeks. It really makes you question the decision making of Jason Garrett and Bill Callahan.
9. Cowboys JV Defense - The Bears shredded the #1 ranked Cowboys defense but let’s be mindful of the guys out there…Dan Connor, Victor Butler, Josh Price, etc. There were a lot of second teamers playing major minutes.
10. Bye week - It came just in time. They should bring in some guys off the street to see if they can upgrade their depth. They need all the rest they can get before heading to Baltimore.